Tropical Smoothie Cafe Expands Executive Leadership Team Amidst Ongoing Success And Nationwide Growth
October 10, 2017
Tropical Smoothie Cafe, the leading fast casual Cafe concept known for its better-for-you food and smoothies with a tropical twist, announced today it has appointed five industry veterans to the company’s corporate leadership team: Rob Collins as Chief Marketing Officer, Pete Ward as General Counsel, Paul Marsden as Chief Financial Officer, Jaime Denney as Senior Vice President of Operations and Cheryl Fletcher as Vice President of Franchise Development Strategy.
Over the last several years, Tropical Smoothie Cafe has experienced tremendous success and nationwide expansion, reporting comp sales exceeding 26 percent over the last three years. Additionally, the company has signed 140 new franchise development agreements and opened more than 50 new locations to-date in 2017. As a result of this significant growth, Tropical Smoothie Cafe is investing in its corporate leadership to accelerate this momentum and position the brand for further success.
“Our talented staff is the backbone of Tropical Smoothie Cafe and a huge component of our ongoing success. We know that an investment in our leadership is an investment in our future, and have no doubt that the expertise and knowledge these exceptional industry veterans bring will be tremendous assets as we continue taking the brand to new heights,” said Mike Rotondo, CEO of Tropical Smoothie Cafe. “Our consistent sales and record-high average unit volume have established Tropical Smoothie Cafe as one of the strongest concepts in the fast casual segment today and with our new additions, we’ve cultivated a best-in-class leadership team to carry out our projected future success.”
Tropical Smoothie Cafe’s new executive team members include:
- Rob Collins, Chief Marketing Officer – Collins is responsible for all marketing functions and product development for Tropical Smoothie Cafe. He previously served in senior level roles contributing to the success of iconic brands such as Nickelodeon, Paramount, Universal Studios, and Turner Entertainment Networks. He was most recently CMO for Carmike Cinemas.
- Pete Ward, General Counsel – Ward will advise Tropical Smoothie Cafe on all legal and business matters, including franchising, real estate, labor and employment, litigation, intellectual property, licensing and other commercial matters. Most recently, Ward served as the deputy general counsel and chief compliance/risk officer at Popeyes for over 10 years and has extensive experience handling corporate transactions, both in-house and in private practice.
- Paul Marsden, Chief Financial Officer – Marsden will oversee development and execution of financial strategies to support the company’s business plans. With extensive experience in the food service industry, Marsden comes to Tropical Smoothie Cafe from Popeyes, where he served as the chief accounting officer and spent nearly two decades working in the brand’s financial and accounting departments.
- Jaime Denney, Senior Vice President of Operations – Denney most recently served as the vice president of retail at Aramark for three years, where she led a cross-functional team in developing the vision, mission and strategy to provide food service offers for malls and retailers, as well as assisted with the creation and launch of the company’s integrated mobile app. An industry veteran, she also spent 15 years at Starbucks in various operational positions and was responsible for building, growing and retaining talent for the brand.
- Cheryl Fletcher, Vice President of Franchise Development Strategy – In her new role at Tropical Smoothie Cafe, Fletcher will be responsible for driving the brand’s franchise development efforts through real estate analytics and strategic marketing planning. Previously, Fletcher held a 17-year tenure with Popeyes, during which she served as vice president of franchise development, vice president of development strategic planning and director of investor relations and finance.
Get started on the path to becoming a
Tropical Smoothie Cafe Franchise Owner.
Hopefully, we have made you hungry to learn more. Please complete the form, and a member of the Tropical Smoothie Cafe Franchise Development Team will contact you. We look forward to getting to know you better.
Get started on the path to becoming a Tropical Smoothie Cafe Franchise Owner.
Please complete the form to receive your online brochure. We look forward to talking with you soon.